The Holidays can be an exciting time! With so much attention devoted to gatherings and festivities, it’s a good idea to be intentional about safety this time of year. Here are our Top Five Safety Tips to keep your family safe, and your holiday season filled with joy!
• Keep safety in mind when decorating for the holidays. Keep trees and other flammable items clear of candles, cigarettes, and heat sources. Test and inspect Holiday lights for any visible signs of wear before trimming the tree. Holiday trees and other flammables can ignite quickly and cause fire to spread very rapidly.
• Be alert in the kitchen. With a house full of guests and a holiday feast to prepare, it’s easy to get distracted and feel rushed. Stay focused and take the time you need to keep your workspace safe. Handle knives carefully, take care to avoid burns from contact or steam, and clean up spills immediately to avoid slipping.
• Watch the little ones closely. Inspect new toys and new surroundings for choking hazards and other dangers. Be aware of the possibility of allergic reactions to new foods. Monitor interactions between little ones and pets; the holiday season can be stressful for pets too.
• Take care in cold weather. Watch out for slippery sidewalks and the possibility of frostbite. If you plan to light a fire this season, make sure to check out the fireplace or have it inspected ahead of time!
• Enjoy spirits in moderation. We hope you have a Holly, Jolly Season, but please, Don’t Drink and Drive!
From all of us at Maverick Homes Inc., we wish you Joy throughout the Holidays, and a Very Happy New Year!